Do you want to get paid to lose weight by challenging yourself and putting your money where your mouth is?
It sure does help, at least it did for me. Putting up my own money definitely helped me lose weight with different fitness apps. The thought of the prize kept me focused. And, as the weight started to come off, I was very excited about the process of getting free money.
It was not as hard as I thought it would be once I got my mind focused. I would definitely (and have) recommended these get paid to lose weight apps.
For people who are competitive, it will definitely motivate them to win.
5 Apps that Pay You to Lose Weight
Here is a list of the best apps that pay you to lose weight:
- DietBet: With DietBet, you’ll lose weight and commit to change to earn cash and rewards
- HealthyWage: With HealthyWage, you can win up to a $10,000 jackpot by making a “bet” on your own weight loss
- Evidation: Get paid for healthy actions, connect apps and earn points, and redeem your points for cash for charities
- stickK: Add stakes to incentivize yourself and put your money where your mouth is
- Charity Miles: Lets you log all types of movement, from running and walking to dancing and biking
- iPhone: 4.7 – 10,986+ reviews
- Android: 4.8 – 11,037+ votes
- Payment methods: Paid in cash via PayPal
- Quick summary: With DietBet, you’ll lose weight and commit to change to earn cash and rewards. If you like getting tips from a caring community, this is a good app for you. You can earn points that can be easily be redeemed for cash.
You can get paid to lose weight with DietBet who can help you reach your weight loss goals by betting on yourself. You’ll be part of a supportive community and receive customer service from real people. You can also play games hosted by experts, including pro fitness trainers, nutritionists and wellness gurus. My favorite thing about this app is that it can help you find motivation when you need it the most.
How it works
It's pretty simple to use, just download the DietBet app for iOS or Android devices and join a game by placing a bet, then hit your weight loss goals and weigh in regularly to win back your bet plus more. You can also play risk-free and cancel any time during the first 7 days for a full refund.
- Very supportive community
- Can be very motivating
- Customer service from real people
- It's fun to meet you daily step goals
- Can be expensive if you lose
- You must pay your bet at the beginning
- DietBet charges fees starting at 10%
- iPhone: 4.8 – 12,832+ reviews
- Android: 4.6 – 3,564+ votes
- Payment methods: Paid in cash via PayPal
- Quick summary: With HealthyWage, you can win up to a $10,000 jackpot by making a “bet” on your own weight loss, or by participating in one of many weight loss and fitness challenges the app offers.
HealthyWage is one of the best ways to get paid to lose weight. Just use the prize calculator and see how much your wager could make you in cold hard cash. There are winners every day and you can win money at HealthyWage and have a healthy lifestyle, what's not to love?
How it works
HealthyWage offers people the opportunity to earn cash for losing weight through individual weight-loss bets and other challenges. Earn cash for losing weight? Sounds too good to be true, but you read it right. You essentially bet on yourself and how much weight you can lose.
Since they are promoting ways to be healthy, your winnings depend on how much weight you lose and how much you bet. It’s a great way to make money and be healthy at the same time. One of my readers made their own bet and learned that they could make up to $656.13 for only losing 15 pounds! That’s about $35 a pound, and about a cent per calorie cut.
- Offers a few ways to make money such as jackpot challenges, step challenges, $10,000 team challenges, and referring your friends
- HealthyWage offers a broad variety of challenges, so you can find one that best suits your lifestyle and personality
- You win straight-up cash, and don't have to deal with a messy point system
- You can only win if you reach your goal
- Can be expensive if you lose
- No way to cancel once you made your bet
- iPhone: 4.6 – 15,939+ reviews
- Android: N/A
- Payment methods: Paid in cash via PayPal or donate to charities
- Quick summary: With Evidation, you can get paid for healthy actions, connect apps and earn points, and redeem your points for cash for charities. It is one of the top health apps in the app store.
Evidation is a free online resource (website and mobile app) currently used by over 2 million members! As a member, you’ll be able to earn rewards for healthy activities you already do.
How it works
With Evidation, you can earn $10 for every 10,000 points. Your rewards are paid out within 3-7 business days, and members can redeem cash directly into their PayPal account or bank account of choice.
They also partner with leading health companies to offer you extra opportunities to earn money by contributing to cutting-edge health research (totally optional and must meet study qualifications).
What else can I say? It's literally that easy – the app will pay you cash to track steps, no strings attached! Over 2 million members are already earning money with them, just install and get started.
- If you don’t want to redeem your points, you can set up an automatic donation for your points to one of more than 100 charities.
- You can track different types of physical activity like sleeping or meditating
- You can get free PayPal money instead of gift cards
- Achievement is a slow earner
- You are capped at 80 points per day
- iPhone: 3.5 – 53+ reviews
- Android: 2.8 – 208+ reviews
- Payment methods: Paid in cash via PayPal or donate to charities.
- Quick summary: With stickK, you can have accountability in every shape and form and add stakes to incentivize yourself and put your money where your mouth is.
stickK is an ever-evolving Commitment platform with the tools to help you achieve your goals.
How it works
No matter what your goal is – meditate, learn a language, lose weight, quit smoking or drinking, watch less TV, exercise more often… stickK (iOS or Android) can motivate and help you achieve it. You will sign a “commitment contract” that you sign for yourself. This can end procrastination once and for all by holding yourself accountable and turning your goals into habits.
Created by a Behavioral Economist and a Law Professor from Yale University, stickK is a goal-setting platform, habit tracker and online community of goal-setters. The platform is very new to the scene and is designed to motivate and help you achieve your goals by leveraging the power of incentives, financial accountability and social accountability to your advantage.
- You can use all the features of the app for free
- They have a lot of success stories to inspire you to build healthy habits, and you can even create your own success story on their site
- No way to win real money
- Other apps may offer better motivation
- iPhone: 4.8 – 56K+ reviews
- Android: 2.9 – 7.2K+ reviews
- Payment methods: You can raise money for over 40 different charities (see the list here).
- Quick summary: The app lets you log all types of movement, from running and walking to dancing and biking. Be a mover and changemaker in any way that fits your lifestyle.
Charity Miles is a free app that enables you to earn money for charity whenever you walk, run or bike. This app has been around since 2012 and has helped earn nearly $3 million for amazing charities, thanks to the support of its corporate sponsors.
How it works
Through Charity Miles, you can create your own Pledge Page where your friends can sponsor you, even if you’re not doing a marathon or race. The more your friends pledge, the more money you can earn for charities.
Plus when your friends sponsor you, they’re entered into a drawing to win cool prizes from our sponsors, like a trip to Hawaii. And, the more money you earn for your charity, the more chances you’ll have to win cool prizes (and even more money for your charity) from its sponsors too. Overall, it's a great way to contribute to noble causes while losing weight or getting fit.
- Charity Miles offers a good-feel app for those who want to help others
- The app is 100% free to use
- You can't win as much money as other apps
- You can only use rewards at Walgreens
Other Ways to Get Paid to Lose Weight
If you are a go-getter (like me) you don't just want to stop there. There are definitely other ways that you can get paid to lose weight if you just use some creativity in your life.
If you work in an office setting then setting up weight loss challenges can be really fun and a great way to connect with your colleagues.
If you're a fan of the office, this scene may come to mind.
But it's actually pretty simple to set up an office weight loss challenge. First, you'll want a good point person who gets along with everyone who can keep track of everything. Then, the challenge should be publicized and have a start date and end date and have solid ground rules.
Obviously, a cash prize will be offered and you can work to win this prize and set specific dates for weigh-ins. However you want to get it set up by simply participating or organizing it yourself — this is another way to get paid to lose weight.
You'll also want to check with your health insurance provider at work because sometimes they will reimburse you to get fit and lose weight.
For example, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care will reimburse subscribers and their covered dependents up to $150 in total (per individual or family contract) for fees paid for qualified weight management programs. It's worth checking out.
Bets with Friends
Another way to get paid to lose weight and simply make a bet with your friends and family. This may be the motivation you need because you know how your friends can get. You definitely won't want to lose and it'll be a win/win because both of you guys can work towards losing weight together.
How to Stay Motivated While Getting Paid to Lose Weight
When you are looking to lose weight, whether money is involved or not, the overall goal is your health. You only have one body in this lifetime, wouldn't you want to fill it with nutritious food and exercise so you look your best?
It may be easier said than done, so maybe a weight loss challenge app may just do the trick.
How to Choose Your Favorite Weight Loss Challenge App
If you couldn't decide between your favorite weight loss challenge app, I would suggest reading the real user reviews on the App Store and Google Play Store.
These are legitimate raw reviews and you can get a better sense of which weight loss app that pays you to lose weight is best for you.
How do you get paid to lose weight?
There are a few ways to get paid to lose weight, but the most common way is to join a weight loss program that pays its members to lose weight. There are many programs out there but the most highly rated apps that will pay you for losing weight, Dietbet and HealthyWage.
How much does it cost to join HealthyWage?
The HealthyWage app is completely free to use, and there's no charge to download and join. However, you must wager at least $5 per month in order to take part in a weight-loss wager.
How can I make money fast?
With HealthyWage, you can make money fast because the faster you lose weight, the bigger your payout will be. If you set a goal of losing 10 pounds you will receive $20 for that month ($10 per pound), if you are able to lose 20 pounds in that month then your payout would be double ($40).
Is Sweatcoin legit?
Yes, Sweatcoin is a legitimate app that will pay its users for their steps. You can earn up to 20 coins per day by walking your dog or going on a run. There are also other ways to make some extra cash with this app through surveys and watching videos.
Ready to Get Paid to Lose Weight?
A financial incentive is a huge motivation for some people to commit to their weight loss goals.
Your weight-loss journey is right around the corner with these 5 apps that will pay you to lose weight.
If a reward program or dollar amount will help you make healthy choices — then that's essentially two birds with one stone.
But if you simply prefer a gym membership and Fitbit, then you know yourself best.
Good luck and are there are get paid to lose weight apps that I missed? Let me know in the comments below.